Search This Blog

Sunday 27 August 2017

Trying to be more woman - Episode 2

Hand in hand with applying all these cosmetics, lotions and potions is of course removing them.....

 As a teenager i removed my makeup in the same lazy and cheap fashion to which I applied it. My cosmetics, as a teen were all my mum's which were not only the incorrect colour for me (considering she is two shades darker skin tone than me, you can imagine how much of a tangerine I must have looked) but were also mostly out of date and clumpy. To remove said makeup in the past I used whatever was to hand which unfortunately was harsh chemicals which were meant to clean (if by clean you mean chemically burn any filth) your pores for teenage spots...... Oxy pads. Don't know what these are? Well please refer to the picture below and know that removing eye makeup with these
burnt like I had thrown salt and acid in my eyes. Turns out these babies are still available in store. I would still greatly recommend these for those who have greasy spotty skin (or if someone wants to experiment for shits and giggles but most definitely not as make up removal aides.
 So now I'm officially adulting these days as well as tying to "woman up" what do I use to remove the days worth of filth and cosmetics..... well below I have a diagram I prepared earlier:
Bit of a mix bag in the above image and obviously these were not all used at once. Just like before i will give each product not only a link to the page so you can take a look at prices etc yourself, but also my review of each.....

The Body Shop
Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying toner - So I bought this at The Ashford Designer outlet in.... you guessed it Ashford. Why this product? Well it cost £1.50 that's why. Its probably one of the most used in the picture simply because it doesn't require washing after use. A little shake of the bottle, a spill on a cotton pad and you're good to go. This really did seem to clear my skin up and I only used this at night. I would definitely buy again.


The Body Shop
Seaweed Cleansing Gel Wash - Bought in the same shopping spree as the above for the exact same reasons. I've only used this twice and one of the two times was completely by accident (thought i had packed the above toner and was shocked to realise it wasn't...). This removed a full face of thick all day makeup without leaving me dry or greasy. Would i buy it again.... maybe. It was good but not great.

No7
Beautiful Skin Eye Make-up Remover Paid full price for this (rare occasion for me) some 3-4 years ago (shoes how much makeup I really wear). Of the products pictured I would call this the middle price range although really this is no where in between and is still relatively affordable at £8.50. For eye makeup this NEVER fails to remove but unfortunately it does leave you feeling greasy. Every time I use this I have to flannel wash down my face which again is easy enough but is just another extra hassle. When this runs out I for sure will buy another.

Elemis
Face Cleansing Balm - As per my last blog this was one of my Latest In Beauty items. Most expensive of those pictured, to buy a full sized pot of this (105g) this is a whopping £41. The scent is quite strong with a herbal essence and the balm is very thick. That said...this does an amazing job. Simply smear on your face and neck then using a warm flannel remove all traces of. This left my skin feeling wonderfully clean, fresh and slightly moisturised. I would definately get this again regardless of the cost (but I will totally try my hardest to find some deals and then share them on here....)

I will be getting and trying more cleasers, toners and makeup removers and of course sharing my reviews on here. 

 I hope you have enjoyed my Second episode. Tune in for episode 3 by setting up an email reminder at the bottom of my blog.

THANKS FOR READING!

1 comment:

  1. Lvw the Elemis blame but it is essssssxxxxpensive I like the Body Shop camomile cleansing butter does not smell much but gets all the makeup and dirt out I tried oils too for eyes and hello panda eyes but that's works ! Enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete