Search This Blog

Monday 2 October 2017

The chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 8 - Holiday face!

Hi guys and gals.


In case you were not aware I spent the last weekend in Sunny, cold, warm and wet Bruges, Belgium. I saw many wonderful sights, one of them being my made up face but we'll get to that later. First heres a couple of pretty pictures (which arent of my face) taken over the last few days:








This particular article is a "chronicle of trying to be more woman" so i shant dwell on the travel side too much but a quick overveiw I believe is in order. I saw a couple of museums, a few restaurants and a lot of pubs/bars. Pictured above was one of the many views of the canals, this shot in particular was taken beside a convent. The picture on the left was taken from the side of "Sint-Janshospitaal". This was a really interesting museum which i visited which was church turned church charity ran hospital. Really interesting history there and the paintings in here were beautiful! Its one let down.... the snotty ticket person. She was outrightly rude to me and my mum and honestly shamed the belgium people. I was so shocked by her behaviour!



RANT OVER



Ok folks so back to "trying to be more woman" after the culture above. I actually made an effort both of the nights out on the town however I may have forgotten to take a picture of my first face. Oh well we'll have to come back to that another time. Below is a picture of my face on the second night out:



So critique on my own face. I loved the lip colour but my parents both HATED IT! My sister-in-law loved the brows (did nothing to them so thats great) and my own criticism is that I didn't got heavy enough on the bronzer. That was me being too cautious.


So the next big question. What did I use? Well take a look below:




In no order in particular :

GOSH
X-ceptional wear foundation - I have reviewed this already in my prior blog however I will review again. This is a really fluid foundation but I would recommend a good moistoirizer as a base as this would otherwise dry out your skin. My colour is "Natural 12" and this is a lovely cheap buy from superdrug for only £7.99.


MAC 
In extreme dimension 3D Black lash - Prior full review on another of my blog. Please see http://torrancestips.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/the-chronicles-of-to-be-more-woman_17.html 


Green People
Instant definition lip crayon - CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR ONLY £10. Please see my prior review on http://torrancestips.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/the-chronicles-of-to-be-more-woman_21.html


Eyelash curler - Too old to remember where this was from and how much it cost.


Primark

Bronzer Stick - £1.50 so what you waiting for? Everyone can afford this so try this for yourself. I used this on top of my foundation and found this really easy to blend. As noted above I don't think I used enough but I like how well this blended and that it left a hint of glitter on my cheeks!

Foundation stick - £2.50 so not as cheap....but still cheap. I used this as a highlighter. On my picture above I used it below my eyebrows (which may be why the sister-in-law noticed them more), under my eyes, down my nose and above my lip. This blended SUPER well and I was so impressed. I think I would re-buy this however I am yet to try out ANY other highlighter so....





Laval
Pearl Eye shader - £2.50. The link is to amazon but I bought this in store from TJ Hughes for less. This was easy enough to apply but it took a few layers to make it seen.... Another bonus for this was that this lasted.



Overall my face lasted all night with only a reapplication of the lipstick so I was pretty happy. Both the lipstick and bronzer had a glittery edge which is great for a night out. Only thing i'd like to change is more bronzer however overall I loved the look!

 Thats all for this installment. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.

PEACE OUT ☮🕊


No comments:

Post a Comment