Search This Blog

Sunday 29 October 2017

The chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 16 - i don't do fancy dress but i did fancy up my face

Folks it's that Halloween time of year (not actually Halloween yet) which calls for parties, which in turn calls for fancy dress of course. I'm invited to two parties this year (well three but the third is held AFTER Halloween and its my brothers party so I don't count it). My work do and my friend's house party so this episode of trying to be more woman will include two versions of my fancied up face with different products (that's the plan). Lucky you!!!!



First party was the office do. Held immediately after work in our office cafe (basically our office kitchen eating area.) Both nights out my look is goth devil. I chose this look as I need practice with my smoky eye and I already have flashing horns from when I was 13. Job done.
So here is how I looked for the office people....



The following is an end of the night shot so lighting is darker and the makeup has worn off a little in places (eyeliner and eyeshadow mainly).....



What you can't see is what I'm wearing (oooo sounds kinky...SPOILERS it's not)... Well I'm wearing an off shoulder black and white skater dress which is mainly white with black bows from ASOS. The bottoms are half pvc wonders from sofabulous (a brand within littlewoods) which I've teamed with a primark over sized thick knit cardigan. In my usual bargain ways the dress and bottoms were from ebay (LOVE searching new with tags) and the cardi was of course bargain price in primarni! The Bottom especially were a great find as it turns out Littlewoods have a clearance account on Ebay. Check it out along with all these other retailers with clearance accounts:








Onto trying to be more woman... how did i get my face looking this way.... check out the below:


 

I went with a double team red lipstick: The base lipstick is from Bourjois called Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick which goes on as a gloss and mattes out. The lip gloss is from Elle and is an oldie of mine (most labelling has rubbed off over time.) I bring this out every Halloween as it gives a bloody sheen which is perfect for the occasion.

The mascara is an old fave which I've reviewed in a prior blog..here. The Gosh foundation and Primark (foundation stick) highlighter I've also already reviewed....here and here

The eyeliner is another Bourjois item but this was entirely new to me. It's unique in its shape and therefore application but I actually found this made it easier to apply. I got this really cheap in my local (Maidstone) TJ Hughes and would really suggest for others to give it a go.

The newest items in my arsenal for this look was the ModelCo contour stick. It looks an odd colour but let me reassure you that this blended beautifully and really finished my look. I got this in my first ever birchbox (which you can see the full review for here) and couldn't have been happier to have discovered it.

Then we have the Mac 8 colour eyeshadow palette. I used only one lighter base colour for this look.

Lastly i used Collection 2000 eyeshadow pencil. This didn't sharpen well and was very crumbly. This could be due to the age but either way this was the first and last time i will be using this.

Second party and second look is similar with a few changes:


For starters this picture is care of a bestie of mine Ruth. Check out her instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/ruthiomac_88/ . Sorry folks but I didn't take a before so as you can see my eyeliner is already bleeding out but this is the best pic i could get. Lighting at my friends was very dark, mainly lit but UV bulbs (as pictured below) hence my fluorescent bra showing through.... my bad.


The bestie loves a sugar skull so her and her hubby went all out on the decorations. Was awesome with dry ice and the works!!!

The make up bag for this night was :



As you can see there are a number of repeats from the day before. I am also missing a key piece from the above which I will still include in the breakdown:

MAC Russian Red Matte lipstick. This isn't pictured but its a great base as it stays on all night. Tried tested and almost all gone.

Too faced better than sex mascara. This was a newbie from my first ever glossybox (review to follow). When i got this mascara my work colleague (check out her blog http://riettezemakeupchapette.blogspot.co.uk/ ) was really excited. For good reason. I find this coats my lashes to thier fullest extent making them look fuller and darker than they have ever been!

Another newbie to the list which differed from the night before was the Fearne Eyeshadow base. No longer available in store but this really helped the eyeshadow stick.

I once again used the MAC eyeshadow palette, but this time i used two other colours. These seemed to work a lot better than the powder pencil combo from the night before.

All the rest was the same.


That's all i have to share for now. Hope you have enjoyed this blog and if you have please read on and check out my other blogs.

Peace out! 🕊☮


No comments:

Post a Comment